HUMATROPE, 24MG/3.15ML, INJ.CARTRID.
This medication is typically used to stimulate growth. It requires a few months to take effect.
How to use this medication
The contents in the cartridge must be reconstituted according to the manufacturer's recommendations before the dose may be administered.
This product must be injected under the skin (subcutaneously):
- clean the tip of the pen with an alcohol swab and attach a needle;
- select the required dose;
- clean the skin at the injection site with an alcohol swab;
- pinch the skin and inject the medication into the fold (wait several days before injecting the same site again).
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause joint pain;
- it may cause pain at the injection site;
- it may cause muscle pain;
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause leg swelling or water retention;
- it may cause numbness and a decreased sensitivity to touch.
Keep this product in the refrigerator and do not allow it to freeze. Make sure that any leftover portion is disposed of safely.
A treatment with this medication requires regular monitoring by a doctor. Be sure to see your doctor for all regularly scheduled appointments.
This information handout only provides an overview of your treatment. Given the complex nature of your treatment, you will receive information that is much more comprehensive and that deals specifically with your needs. Make sure that you have all the relevant information regarding your medication.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.