MIRENA, 52MG, DEVICE
This medication is typically used to prevent pregnancy. It requires several days to take effect, and this effect last for up to 5 years.
How to use this medication
The intra-uterine device may be insert by a doctor.
Possible side effects
In addition to its desired action, this medication may cause some side effects, notably:
- it may cause pimples (acne);
- it may cause headaches;
- it may cause stomach ache;
- it may affect menstruation (irregular or absence of menses);
- it may cause nausea or, rarely, vomiting;
- it may cause your breasts to feel swollen and tender.
As with most medications, this product should be stored at room temperature. Store it in a secure location where it will not be exposed to excessive heat, moisture or direct sunlight. Do not refrigerate or allow it to freeze.
Pregnant women should not use this product. If you're planning a pregnancy or become pregnant, contact your family doctor.
When meeting with any health professional, it is important for you to share the following information:
- Your medical history and allergies (medication, food, or other);
- If you smoke, are pregnant, are planning a pregnancy, or are breastfeeding;
- The names of all the medications you take, whether you take them regularly or once in a while, including over-the-counter medications, vitamins, and natural health products.
Keep all your medications out of the reach of children and pets and return any unused or expired medications to the pharmacy for proper disposal.