Measuring Blood PressureWhen should you take your blood pressure?
- Check your blood pressure regularly, as directed by your doctor.
- In the week leading up to your appointment with your doctor, and whenever changes are made to your medication, take 2 readings, twice a day.
- In the morning, take your blood pressure before breakfast and before taking your medication.
- At night, take your pressure before taking your medication and before bathing.
- Wait 2 hours after a big meal.
- Do not smoke or drink caffeine for 60 minutes before taking your blood pressure.
- Do not exercice for 30 minutes before taking your blood pressure.
- Rest and relax for at least 5 minutes.
- Empty your bladder.
- Make sure that you have the right size cuff. There are different types of cuffs for children and overweight individuals.
|Taking your blood pressure:|
Don't forget to have your monitor calibrated by your pharmacist once a year to make sure that it is in proper working order.
[UNIPRIX] © Copyright Vigilance Santé
The patient information leaflets are provided by Vigilance Santé Inc. This content is for information purposes only and does not in any manner whatsoever replace the opinion or advice of your health care professional. Always consult a health care professional before making a decision about your medication or treatment.