Choosing the right moisturizer can be a real challenge. That’s why our dermo-cosmetic consultants use two instruments – a video-microscope and a hygrometer – to help them accurately assess the condition of your skin, all of it pain free.
The video-microscope to assess the health of your skin
The video-microscope’s dual lens increases magnification thirtyfold, enabling a careful examination of the outer and inner layers of the epidermis in order to detect:
- The presence or absence of sebum in the pores;
- Pigment spots;
- Dry patches caused by a lack of oil;
- Dilated pores on oily, normal or combination skin;
- Broken capillaries on sensitive skin;
- Fine lines and wrinkles;
- The presence of dry or oily skin flakes.
The hygrometer to measure skin’s moisture
What’s the secret to younger-looking skin? Moisture! It’s quite a challenge considering that we lose close to half a litre of water every day. And what are the symptoms of dehydrated skin? Tightness, dullness, wrinkles and loss of elasticity. That’s where the hygrometer, which measures the moisture rate, comes in:
- Over 40%: Well hydrated
- From 30 to 40%: Dehydrated
- Under 30%: Very dehydrated
You’ll be impressed with what you see on the screen! All it takes is a few minutes.